Mission Statement

The primary purpose of this blog is to help Christian women apply the counsel of God's Word to their daily lives as it relates to their relationships, circumstances, suffering and sin; and to equip them to help others do the same. "For the Word of God is living and active." Hebrews 4:12

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Identity-A Life Changing Reality

I am beginning a study in 1 Corinthians. I love this book of the Bible because the Christians at Corinth remind me of my life before Christ (totally pagan) and the transforming power of the gospel! My study this morning took me no further then the opening words..."Paul, called to be an apostle by the will of God". Paul knew his identity was rooted in God. It was God who called Paul. The call was the will of God. It was a call to be an emissary or ambassador for the gospel. While the office of an apostle is limited, the work of God's people to be ambassadors for the King and His Kingdom carries on.  John Piper got me thinking about my own identity and call..."Brenda, called to be a wife and mother by the will of God for the glory of Jesus Christ!" It is mind boggling to think that THE KING OF THE UNIVERSE has adopted me as His child! I have the privilege of representing Him and His Kingdom daily to my  husband, children, extended family, friends, neighbors, and even strangers.  Today, I am going to remember my identity and call and pray it makes a difference in how I live. I hope you will too!

Points to Ponder:
1. What is your identity rooted it in? Is it how you look? How your children behave? Is it  in your material possessions?
2. Do you see whatever your "job" is as the means by which you are called to be an ambassador for Christ? Your "job" is a platform to preach the Good News!

No comments:

Post a Comment