Mission Statement

The primary purpose of this blog is to help Christian women apply the counsel of God's Word to their daily lives as it relates to their relationships, circumstances, suffering and sin; and to equip them to help others do the same. "For the Word of God is living and active." Hebrews 4:12

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

He Loves Me!

Last week I had the privilege of babysitting for a friend's one year old son. Talk about adorable: pudgy cheeks, squishy thighs, and the cutest little dimpled bottom.  I was captivated by this little guy the entire night. As I watched him closely, I was struck by several thoughts:
  •  We are image bearers of the Living God; we are made to resemble Him. God gives us a tangible picture of  "image bearing"  through our own children.They resemble us! I was enthralled as I watched this little guy who was a little bit mother and father in his looks and mannerisms. And, no doubt, the family resemblance will continue to grow as he grows. It is mind boggling to contemplate that God allows you and me to take an active part in creation. He didn't have to include us, but He knew first hand the joy that would be ours.
  • Family resemblance is another theme that jumped out at me. Children look like their parents. God's children should look like Him. I should have a growing resemblance to our Heavenly Father. In fact, this resemblance is one of they main ways I know His love is upon me.
  •  I studied my little friend as he ate, played, and bathed. I was fascinated by his private conversations and his personal discoveries.  I am reminded of the way God watches and delights over His children.
  • I was constantly watchful of my little friend not wanting him to fall or even stumble. I was aware of the security measures taken by his diligent parents to ensure his safety. I am reminded that God's security measures, the commands of Scripture, speak of his love for me and His desire to protect me.
If I pondered longer, I am sure I would "see" more of God as result of my babysitting time. God's classroom is everywhere...even at the feet of a babe.

  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness." Jeremiah 31:3

No comments:

Post a Comment