Mission Statement

The primary purpose of this blog is to help Christian women apply the counsel of God's Word to their daily lives as it relates to their relationships, circumstances, suffering and sin; and to equip them to help others do the same. "For the Word of God is living and active." Hebrews 4:12

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Scripture Memory-Just Do It!

I would like to start a little discussion and encouragement on Scripture memorization. So, please add your comments and insights to this post! Here are a few questions I would like for you to weigh in on?

1. Why memorize Scripture?
2. How do you memorize Scripture?
3. What are the benefits of Scripture memorization you have seen in your own life?

3 comments:

  1. Scripture memorization is important because it steals the Word into your heart and into your brain. You can pull it out when times are tough. With that said, I find that I do better with grasping a verse and meditating on it. It's amazing to me how I can remember the verse when it becomes important during a trial or struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wholeheartedly agree! It is amazing how the Lord brings to mind the exact Scripture that I need when I am going through some problem or when I am trying to help someone else with something. But one thing is sure, I must first "hide God's Word in my Heart" before I can pull out what is needed. Otherwise I am saying " It says such and such somewhere in the Bible..."

    ReplyDelete