Mission Statement

The primary purpose of this blog is to help Christian women apply the counsel of God's Word to their daily lives as it relates to their relationships, circumstances, suffering and sin; and to equip them to help others do the same. "For the Word of God is living and active." Hebrews 4:12

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Slow Beginnings

I apologize for my tardiness in getting this blog up and running; I hope you will grant me a little grace. I cannot begin to tell you the hours I have labored to learn how to manage this blog; not to mention the number of editing changes I have already made before the first post! This is supposed to be useful and enjoyable; but I am feeling stressed!

So why go through the trouble to set up a blog? For starters, it's easier than e-mail! I will no longer be sending out the "Mentors and Moms" e-mails which I have kept up with so poorly over the past year. Now, you can sign up to get updates on this blog, although I am not quite sure how that is done. Secondly, it's an interactive way for you and me to share with other like-minded women what God is working in and through us! I want this to be a site where we can spur one another on toward a greater love of God and our neighbor. Finally, it is means for me to share bibilcal insights, quotes, challenges, bible studies, speaking engagements and resources which I pray will help you in your quest to know God and make Him known in every sphere of your life.

I am beginning to add links to my favorite web sites and will begin to add favorite books and some book reviews too. I am learning as I go; so we will see where this ends up and how useful it is. Thank you to everyone who has encouraged me in this endeavor and for the ways you sharpen me!

Blessings,
Brenda

4 comments:

  1. Yipee!!!! I love it. I'll be checking in regularly. I'm no expert but...let me know if you need any blog help. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow.... I am going to loove this!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Brenda,
    I am so excited about this ! I am going to tell all my friends!!! I miss you so much- my favorite neighbor ever! Love you!!!! Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing a GREAT job with a GREAT idea!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete